Monday, January 20, 2014

Meet the Heat: a Nachos Grande Trade Post


Meet the Heat?  Huh, so this is what I missed when I was using my discretionary funds to buy college textbooks rather than '90s cardboard.

Man, I need to get on this bandwagon and make a card to send in trade packages.  Chris, the author of Nachos Grande, is pictured above on his own mini A&G baseball card above.  He also sent the below note when shipping off some junk wax for my '87 Topps Project
Good Luck?  Ha!  The set is complete! Um... well, I still have to wait for the rest of the cards to trickle in. 
The above picture is Nachos Grande's contribution to my '87 Topps set.  Obviously, Chris did more than his share to help me complete the 792 card set.  Thanks for your help, Chris!

You can see that the top card in the package is the backside of the Meet the Heat spring training contest card, which is featured at the top of the post.  Chris used four of these to help "pad" the very expensive junk wax in our most recent transaction.  The winner of the contest would go to spring training in 1999 and visit the World Series winner from the previous season: the Yankees.  Ugh.

On a happier note, I'm actually going to spring training in Arizona to watch my last place Cubs from 2013.  I can't wait to meet the heat!

1 comment:

  1. I did Spring Training about 6 or 7 years ago. Saw 5 Angel games in 6 days in 4 different parks. Great trip.

    ReplyDelete