Thursday, January 16, 2014

I won something. Now it's your turn!

I don't win contests very frequently.

How's that quote go?

Oh yeah, that's right.  I should really enter more contests, perhaps then I would win more?

Well, I won a contest over at Baseball Card Breakdown and the author, defgav, sent everyone who left a comment on one of his posts a nice little prize package.

The card I chose as my prize fits very nicely into my 2013 Bowman FrankenSet.  I love me some shiny refractors.

Gavin also added a few other cards he thought I might like in the PWE.
 This one will go in the front page of my "current Cubs" album.  Nice.  But, wait!
It's in Spanish!  Nice, now that's a bonus!

How about an original defgav prototype?  Yep, it now owns a nice place in my collection.

For the record, if you haven't been to Gavin's blog you really should do yourself a solid and check it out. He does cool things with Photoshop and Christmas cards, he has a nifty action refraction series, and he has a collection of glow-in-the-dark cards as well.

Speaking of which...  check this one out!
It's my first glow-in-the-dark card!

Thanks for the great prize, Gavin!

Now,how about an easy contest?  Be the first commenter to name the the brand, year, and player on the above glow-in-the-dark card and I'll send you some cards in a PWE from your favorite team*.

It doesn't get much easier than that, folks.

*Braves fans, I don't have any more Barves cards. It's all Captain Canuck and Jaybarkerfan's fault.  If you win, I will send you send you cards of players who played for the Feesh and you will like it.  You have been warned.

******************** UPDATE********************
The contest has already been won, so let's go ahead and post the actual card from Gavin.

Pretty sweet looking if you ask me!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a 1989 Topps Jeff Pico card to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checkmate. I'll send some Dbacks in the mail to ya. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on.. thanks for the kind words, Tom! Glad you dig the cards. And congrats to Daniel on the contest.. even *I* had to think about it for a while. haha

    ReplyDelete