Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuesday Mail Day and a Contest

Listia is a nice and easy way of getting rid of some cards that you can't find a taker for as long as you don't mind paying the postage.  I, for one, don't mind at all.

Why?

Because I'm going to use those credits to find cards that I do want to add to my collection and the "seller" will pick up the postage.  Essentially, it boils down to this:

junk cards + postage = cool cards!

Sold.  Every. Single. Time.

I had two different purchases arrive in my mailbox today and both added to my player collections while providing some trade fodder for down the road.
 First up, some 1993 Upper Deck Grand Slam cards!  I now have the Sandberg to add to my collection and...
The aforementioned trade bait of Will Clark, Darryl Strawberry, Joe Carter, Robin Yount, and Danny Tartabull (not pictured).

The second package featured four cards from the 2009 Topps Finest set.  Eric Chavez, Jermaine Dye, and Stephen Drew are behind my newest Kosuke Fukudome card.  

These are some slick looking cards on the whole and I really like the backs.  The reverse sides contain the basic biographical information, a good-sized team logo, career stat lines, and a trivia question to boot.

How about a quick-n-dirty contest? 

Rules:
1. Give me the name of the manager.
2. Tell me the year the game took place.
3. List your favorite team and player(s).

Be the first one with the correct answers (according to Topps) for parts #1 and #2 wins and you win!

Prize:
The Chavez, Dye, and Drew Finest cards AND whatever cards I can find laying around from your favorite team and/or player will go out in a bubble mailer with your name on it!

For the record, the trivia questions are multiple choice style on the back of the Finest cards, but I thought I'd see what kind of trivia buffs and/or research hounds we have out there in the blogosphere by omitting the multiple guess section of the card.

Heck, I can think of one blogger, just based by his name alone, who will probably know the answer off the top of his head!

Good luck!


3 comments:

  1. Alvin Dark, 1963.

    I enjoy Cubbies, Vlad Guerrero, and Ichiro. And, as you probably already know, absolutely any cool cardboard randomness!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winner winner chicken dinner. But of course, you win cards and not a chicken dinner.

      Delete
  2. Alvin Dark. I cheated off Nick.

    Is the Tartabull UD Hologram of him as a Yankee? If so, I'd definitely be up for trading for it. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete