Monday, June 15, 2020

Snagging a Set for the Price of a Blaster

In 2018 I busted a couple of boxes of Topps Big League and built the master set. The base set wasn't an issue, and I was able to get most of the inserts at card shows, but eventually I polished the set off via Sportlots.

As much as I liked the design of 2019 Big League I wasn't really excited about building the set. Maybe I was burnt out from the chase the previous year?

I have been hunting for a complete set and I finally found one for a price that made me smile.

400 base cards and 10 inserts for less than a nickel each. That's pretty hard to beat! (For that matter, so, is a turn around time of alone three days. Talk about super fast shipping!)

I've been flipping through the cards the last couple of days and I still get a kick out of the player factoids on the back. Occasionally I run into a front that makes me laugh, too.
I'll be on the look out for and extra copy of these two for the Folder of Fun.
Tracking down the remaining insert sets will also be a priority.

I haven't seen a mock-up for the 2020 design yet, but I've already determined if I'm going to be build a set Big League will be it.

More Folder of Fun content is on the horizon. Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

  1. Check out the release calendar at caedboardconnection.com. they have images of upcoming releases including big league. I preordered a couple of boxes last week and can't wait until they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to beat a complete set for the price of a blaster. That's exactly why I tend to just buy complete sets instead of doing set builds when it comes to modern day stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2020 BL is quite clean-looking with white borders. Old school! They decreased the amount of cards in a box in lieu of a "figurine." Guess that's the kid appeal portion. I'm not sure how exciting the card design will be to youngsters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a box of 2020 Big League preordered and I'm counting down the days of its (hopeful) arrival. Besides Stadium Club, Big League is by far my favorite brand in the hobby right now, and the 2020 version looks absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete