Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Cards from My Cardboard Habit

Let's take a break from the Colossus...

When I returned from Texas last week guess what I found waiting for me on my desk.  For those of you who guessed baseball cards you are spot on.  Give yourself a pat on the back.  To be more descriptive, they are baseball cards from Texas.  I didn't have a chance to meet up with Judson while in Texas, but the wonderful author of My Cardboard Habit once again hooked me up with some sweet Cubs cards through the mail.

 Taylor Scott is struggling a bit in A-ball this season after a nice 2013 campaign, but if he can get it figured out again he will be the first Chicago Cub from South Africa.

I love the blue parallel auto of Shawon Dunston, Jr.  It's numbered to 200 and is so very shiny.
Dunston was the reason I went and created the Shawon-O-Meter a couple of months back:
Unfortunately, the Shawon-O-Meter has been heading in the wrong direction ever since I brought the sign to the ballpark.  It started at 0.255, and after a bit of a slump, the numbers have started to rise! Unfortunately, the Kane County outfield has become very crowded with the arrival of 2014 #1 draft pick Kyle Schwarber and playing time will be at a premium  Yikes!   Good luck, Shawon.  I'm still cheering for you!

Thanks again for the cards, Judson!  We'll have to meet up next time I'm deep in the heart of Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment