Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Cards Have Arrived: Thorzul's Group Break

I like when Thorzul hosts a group break.  He slowly reveals each team post by post and his breaks are like a box of chocolates.  You know, if chocolates were cards.

Let's see what surprises are in store for my collection this time!
Above we have a couple of cards for my Kyuji Fujikawa and Kosuke Fukudome player collections.  That's a nice start.  Actually, there was quite a bit of 2013 Topps in the yellow padded envelope, which is good because I didn't purchase much the first time around.

 Slidin'/Slammin' Sammy Sosa...  I'm still not the biggest fan of Sammy, as I was in Wrigley when the rumors started to fly through the lower seating bowl that he walked out on his team on the last day of the season in 2004.  My friends and I were in disbelief when he heard the news.

Here's a right fielder for the Cubs who I have no problem supporting!  Another one for the player collection!

 Parallels?  Check.    Technically, I don't think Topps Chrome is a parallel, but it does use the same pictures as the flagship product.

 Thorzul always has some sweet stuff in his breaks.  For example:
 Dual bat card?  My Sammy differences aside, this is a pretty nice addition to my collection.  BUT, not as nice as this bad boy:
 Numbered out of 50, this card is shiny, sports a nice layout and has a decent design.  DLee was a good ball player, but he' an even better person.  I didn't have a multi-colored swatch in my collection until now.  What a very nice acquisition!

Thanks for a fun break, Thorzul!



No comments:

Post a Comment