Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Things Are Right In The World Again

I think we all have bloggers we have traded with since what feels like the beginning of time. Adam, from ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession, is one of those bloggers for me.  I always knew I had an address to send the Giants I would pull.  Then the Adam got a new job . . . and a new address, and things went dark on the blog for a while.

Then just like that, the light switch was flipped back on and all is right in the world again. Welcome back, Adam!

He sent me and e-mail a while back about some cards and I don't quite remember what I sent him.  Oh well, it must have been awesome, because look what he sent back!
First up we have a little Wrigley Field Celebrates 100 Years set help. (An aside: How in the world does Jon Lester get a card for getting his first career hit? Yeesh.)

 Then = Fergie Jenkins . . . Last Year = Jake Arrieta.
 I'm not so sure "NOW" shouldn't be Kyle Hendricks.  Who in the world saw that coming?

I love me some Topps Chrome. I don't love the price point but I do love the shiny!
 I've wanted that Soler since I first laid eyes on a copy. What a gorgeous faux stained-glass card!
Woo-Hoo!  Kyle Schwarber from the National Baseball Card Day set.  That's a nice get for sure!  I hope he bounces back big for the Cubs next year!
Adam, thank you!  It's great to have you back and trading!

2 comments:

  1. Hadn't seen that Lester yet, and now I need a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon Lester could get a card for that one walk off he had...

    ReplyDelete