Thursday, September 22, 2016

Cards for Me, Cards for You

I've done a little subbing around the high school during my planning period early this semester. So far I have filled the shoes of a math teacher, English teacher, and special education teacher in a co-taught classroom. It's interesting to walk into different classrooms and meet new students, plus the extra pay I receive I put toward cardboard.

This little gem came in the mail today.
 I found a seller who ship everything, no matter how many auctions I won, for $3.50.
 I won TWENTY-FOUR auctions and the seller was kind enough to upgrade me to a box and send bonus cards!
Well, okay. They're junk wax which was used to help the package in transit.  Not exactly a bonus.
That's a Ruben Sierra Diamond King under Gus' tail. Not that you were interested.

From what I hear Topps made 250 Blue Sapphire Chrome sets and this seller was doing a set break.
 I put minimum bids on forty-one cards and some higher bids on others.
 The auctions were set to come to a close during the time I was scheduled to video tape the high school football game for the coaching staff last Friday night.
 I lost many of the auctions that I only put the minimum bid on, but I won my fair share as well.
 My phone was lighting up with e-mails during the game proclaiming "Got Away" and "You Won". During breaks in the action I had just enough time to see which I secured and which I was outbid on. It was kind of fun!
 I thought I could send a few Dodger cards to Night Owl, because these cards look super sweet in hand with the blue tint. But, sadly, I lost every Dodger auction and was shut out on a couple of the other teams as well.
 In all, I won the eleven Cubs cads above and a baker's dozen for my blogging buddies.
Brian will get this Twins team card AND the Vargas base. But, I think BWTP will be the most satisfied as I was able to win five auctions for him. I guess there isn't much competition for Pirates cards out there?

Other notables in the box . . . Lucroy & Scooter, a Lamb and some guy named Waino. All the cards will be sent out soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Huh, I didn't think of it like that. But, maybe I'll include a note with "#BombBob" on it just for fun!

      Delete
  2. I snagged the Eaton sapphire at a price I was willing to pay, so I was happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good, because the Pale Hose were one of the teams I was shut out on.

      Delete
  3. Thanks a bunch Tom! Cubs cards are not as easily attainable these days, but I'm sure I can find you something to repay the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, those sapphires are cool! Very atomic refractory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something intrinsically exciting about a "mass ebay bid from one seller" binge. I had a similar "You Won"/"Got Away" email barrage during my son's flag football game Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "fashion shoes" really made the rounds today. That's 5 different articles that I read that she thought were nice, that she encouraged additional sharing on, and them, just for the heck of it, included a link for some men's oxfords.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, I'm in the market for a new pair of shoes for work. But I'm too frugal to even bother clicking on the link.

      Delete