Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pie for Breakfast

I'm a little early for Pi Day, but here's a piece of homemade cherry pie to whet your appetite.

This wasn't my piece, but it still served as an appropriate chaser to a fun Saturday.

Here's the highlights:

  • Lunch at the new Wonder Dog restaurant in Bartonville.  I had the Chicago Dog. My taste buds were happy.

  • Swiping Oreos from my parents' cookie jar on a quick visit.  Man, those Cool Mint Oreos should be outlawed.  Too good.

  • Having friends help prep a room in the house for carpet installation on Monday.  Many hands make light work!

  • Heading to the theater to take in Argo and only pay the matinee price. Pretty good flick and a decent price.  Sweet!

  • Trying out Smashburger, the newest restaurant in Peoria.  Mmm.  The Baja Burger was pretty darn good.  Not enough kick to have me reach for my beverage though.  The search for the perfect local jalapeno cheeseburger continues! 

  • Accidentally crashing a singles' mixer event at a local watering hole, even though my party was all wearing wedding rings.  It's not our fault they set up their event next to the bags game. 

  • A day of fun, late night pizza and early morning poker with three great friends.

The downside to such a great day?  Well, we knew going in that we were going to lose an hour of sleep because of Daylight Savings Time.  So, both morning and reality was going to arrive sooner than expected.  Bummer.

But, waking up to pie was pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment