Sunday, March 31, 2013

My first TTM Autograph Request

Yes, I'm a Chicago Cubs fan, and so what if I have a little bit of a man crush on Theo Epstein?

I've got this card packaged up and ready to go.

I'm also sending a wallet-sized picture of my buddy and I dressed up for a Halloween party in 2011.  I was "Starbucks Theo" after the whole, "I think I spotted Theo at a Starbucks sneaking into Wrigleyville for an interview with the Ricketts family Fiasco."  My friend decided to go as the newest cereal, which was named after Theo: "Theo's". 

Why not?  Two middle-aged men dressing up as the president of baseball operations?  Huh.  Everyone needs to laugh, right?

I typed up a polite little letter to send along with my SASE.

Others around the blogosphere seem to have pretty good luck with through the mail (TTM) requests.  I'm hoping to bat 1.000.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I've heard that hand written letters work better, but I don't know because I've never done a typed letter before. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... there's a thought. I went with typed because my handwriting becomes pretty sloppy once I get going.

    We'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out you get that first TTM success they get addictive. I haven't seen any successes for Theo on any of the message boards so I'd be interested to see how you do. And if the type written letter doesn't work you can always try again with a hand written note.

    ReplyDelete