Monday, July 2, 2012

Bobblehead Monday #14




Bobblehead #14
Name: John Doe
Position: Batter
Team: Cooperstown
Description: 7.5 inches tall; classic standing bobblehead pose.
Relevance: I have been to the baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY, twice during my lifetime.  My parents took me once back in the ‘90s and I went recently with my friends, Jeff and Jeremy, in 2009.
How Acquired: I bought this bobblehead in Cooperstown on my last trip to the Hall of Fame.
Other Notes: I like this bobblehead for two main reasons:  1. Cooperstown is such a blast, even for the casual baseball fan, and 2. I don’t have many bobbleheads in the classic pose and this fits the bill.  I think it gives it a retro feel, no?  The major down side is that the bobblehead is NOT ceramic like all of those bobbleheads produced in the ‘60s and ‘70s.  So really, it’s not as retro as I would like to believe.
Bonus Note: This Cooperstown bobblehead is one of 500 in a production run.  That makes it one of the rarer in my collection.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. The Baseball Hall of Fame is such a great place to visit. My friends and I are planning a trip there for January. I really hope they still have some of these bobblehead dolls available. I would love to add one to my collection. But since there is only 500 available, I don't think I will be so lucky. Congrats on having such a rare one in your collection!

    ReplyDelete