Friday, May 25, 2012

The Cubs Didn't Lose Yesterday!

Well, they didn't play either.  They're at home tonight and the Pirates from Pittsburgh will try to give them their tenth straight loss.  I always thought Pirates were into plundering, not giving?  Maybe things will go back to "normal" this evening and the swashbucklers will take the loss?

For those wondering, my last day of the 2011-2012 school year was yesterday, but that hasn't stopped me from doing math and educating.  In fact, I have time for a lesson right now!
First the math: the Cubs have 15 wins and 29 losses.  Folks, they're on pace for a 55-107 season.
Second, the education: That's really bad.

I digress.  Behold!  Below is what I like to call "Heaven on a bun."  The Peoria Chiefs celebrated its ten year anniversary of their new baseball complex last night with a 4 to 3 win over Clinton.  The fireworks show afterwards was pretty nice, but the Chicago-style hot dog I had was amazing.  At one point I may have even said aloud, "I would buy stock in a company that made a cologne that smelled like this Chicago dog."  Yeah, it was that good.


1 comment:

  1. This was fun to read, but please forget the Chicago-dog cologne idea. Hugs... Mom

    ReplyDelete