Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Discovering a Parallel

A couple of posts ago I broke down a package from I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning, but I didn't really understand how awesome it was until I was listening to the Cubs lose on the radio last night. Yes, I do a lot of my card sorting and collating during baseball games. The Cubs' radio guys do a fantastic job and it allows me to effectively multitask with cardboard.

So I was checking the cards from Tim against my Cubs FrankenSet and that requires me to turn over each card and look at the number for each. (For the record, Tim added a few to the ol' FrankenSet.)
 At first glance I thought this was just the regular edition of Kyle Schwarber's 2016 Topps card. I didn't buy any flagship and I'm still working on my team sets, so I didn't know any better.

Here's a picture of his regular base card:
Swiped from Ebay

As it turns out I have the Topps Series 1 card, but it didn't register until just now.

Here's the back on the card Tim sent me:
 A Topps New Era baseball card of Mr. Schwarber!  Check the number . . . Nice!

I never thought I would be able to score this card when the promotion was first unveiled, because prices were pretty high on Ebay. But now this one has fallen into my lap, even if unnoticed at first, and it was such a pleasant surprise!

It's got my attention now!  Thanks again, Tim!

2 comments:

  1. I was fortunate enough that some packs 'fell into my lap' so I'm happy to pass him on. Glad to hear that you hadn't come upon one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool surprise. I tried winning a couple of the Cutch versions but failed. I was going to splurge and try to get the 1/1 blank back that hit eBAy a few months back but it went for big money.

    ReplyDelete