Sunday, February 23, 2014

Major League (The Movie) Baseball Cards

 
Some of you from the blogosphere may have seen this already, but it was new to me so I thought it might be new to some of you as well.
 The above cards will be inserted into this year's Topps Archives product.  I haven't seen a checklist yet, but Jake Taylor and Roger Dorn are obviously in.  I'm assuming that Willie Mays Hayes and Rick Vaughn are as well.
  The idea that I may be able to get an autograph card of Pedro Cerrano (Dennis Hasybert, the Allstate guy) really appeals to me.   A card of Harry Doyle (Bob Uecker) would be pretty neat as well.

Major League is definitely one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time.  The release date for Topps Archives is the last week of May and I can't wait to see the checklist!


4 comments:

  1. Very cool.. looking forward to these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is no Willie Mays Hayes. Wesley Snipes has tried to distance himself from the role (Omar Epps took the part in Major League 2) and I don't see him allowing the use of his image or signing cards (unless he needs to pull a Willie Nelson and pay some back taxes). But you definitely need Cerrano (a little Jobu on the side) and Doyle and Wild Thing. Otherwise, why bother? I'd love a card of Mgr. Lou Brown, too, but actor James Gammon passed away in 2010. My guess is they wouldn't include anyone they couldn't also get to sign a few cards to insert (at ridiculous odds, no doubt).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that. I'll be searching hard for those !
    I'd really like to fine some of the original movie cards, but they are really scarce !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to have seen a manager card. Love that guy. Maybe they can get permission from his estate?

    ReplyDelete