Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Contest and My Best Listia Win to Date

I won't beat around the bush on this one.  We all love cards of Hall-of-Famers and we all love autographs of players.  When I can sell something of little importance to me on Listia and turn the credits into a certified autograph of Bob Feller, then I'm pretty ecstatic.

The above is a 2005 Upper Deck Past Time Signatures card from the Past Time Pennants set.  I've seen the Past Time Pennants set featured on Nachos Grande's blog before and it possesses a pretty nifty checklist and some nice photography.
One of the many glass cases of memorabilia at the Feller Museum.

I've been to the Bob Feller Museum in Van Meter, Iowa, and it was a great way to spend an hour or so.  I wanted to pick up an autographed card while I was there, and they had plenty, but I couldn't convince myself to drop the coin at the time.  I'm glad I waited, because this Listia win certainly fills that void and then some.

Now for the contest. 
Correctly guess the only other non-Cub, certified, on-card autograph of a Hall-of-Famer in my collection.  Leave your best guess in the comments, but make it a good one because you only get one until the next round.  If no one guesses correctly within the first hour, then I'll post an update and offer another hint to help the progression of the contest along.

I figure this should be a nice little contest to stir things up around the blogosphere, it'll give me something to do while I prepare for my fantasy baseball draft, AND I'll finally be able to show off my other autographed HOF card that I've been sitting on for a few years.

The winner will find a nice little stack of cardboard within a yellow bubbler in their mailbox within the week.    Game on!

5 comments:

  1. I'll guess Barry Larkin :)

    I love the Past Time Pennants set though - the autographs, the pennents, the whole thing really! Great pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice guesses, but we're batting 0 for 4.
    New clue coming up in a second!

    ReplyDelete