Saturday, February 22, 2014

Contest Update: Clue #5


I posted a question earlier this morning about my humble little collection: Who is the only other non-Cub, certified, on-card autograph of a Hall-of-Famer in my collection?

Here's what we already know:
1. Not a Cub... this is not very helpful, as that narrows it down to 29 other franchises.
2. He's in the Hall of Fame.
3. He was a hitter.
4. He played an overwhelming majority of his career for a National League franchise.

Here's the next hint for those of you out there still participating:
5. This player had more than 10,000 plate appearances in his MLB career AND he hit a round-tripper in just over 5% of them. 

See what I did there?  I made you do math on the weekend.  Bwahahaha!

Post your guesses in the comments section.  Again, you are limited to one guess on this post, and then you may guess again after the next clue is revealed, which will be about in another hour.

9 comments:

  1. Both are good guesses, but not the slugger I have in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the "National League Franchise" meant to throw people off and you actually have a Robin Yount autograph?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not meant to throw people off. For the record, it's not a Robin Yount autograph.

      Delete
  3. About 30 minutes for guesses until the next and probably last clue is posted. I say "probably last" because I think the Lost Collector has it in the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm closing this one down. Moving on to the next clue!

    ReplyDelete