Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy Friday: PWE Style

We've made it through the week, so let's reward ourselves with another PWE from Jaybarkerfan's Junk.

Sounds like a good deal to me, so here's PWE #8!

Jon Lieber wasn't known for bringing the heat, like his teammate Kerry Wood was, but that is definitely a two-finger fastball he's going to unleash on some poor sap of a batter.
Pitching starts in eight different months for a 97 loss team?  Yeah, that's pretty amazing.

I always knew we'd get a good 7+ innings with Lieber on the mound, and he actually improved upon the pitching stats you see above to win twenty games and earn 4th place in the Cy Young voting in 2001.  Lieber was one of my favorites and I was glad the Cubs brought him back in 2008 for one last go around.

Man, what I wouldn't give for a couple of Jon Lieber type pitchers in the 2014 Cub rotation.  I don't think Jason Hammel and James McDonald are the answers, but I've been wrong before!

Thanks for another great PWE, Wes!

No comments:

Post a Comment