Sunday, December 25, 2016

My Secret Santa

First and foremost, Merry Christmas!

My Secret Santa gift came a little while back, but I try to be a rule follower so I kept it all wrapped up until this morning.
That's a high quality wrapping job right there!

Let's start with the note first:

Hmmm... perhaps I should have signed the note with the gift I sent out. Silly me, I thought it was supposed to stay secret. Hello, my name is P-town Tom and I'm new to the Secret Santa game. No matter, I think the blogger who received my gift seems happy enough.

Boom!  Right off the bat we start with a heavy hitter!

This is my 76th different Brooks Kieschnick card and my seventh certified auto of his. Great start!

Here's the former fourth most wanted card on my wanted list: 2011 A&G #32, Dirk Hayhurst.
I loved all of Hayhurst's books and this card is a hoot.

Speaking of funny cards, here's the most wanted card from my list:
 This is Lance Berkman card from his minor league days: 2000 Just #108. Instant classic!

This was my second most wanted card and it's a beauty: '96 Stadium Club #53, Jim Bullinger.
 Ahhhhh... what a unique shot!  I wouldn't expect anything less from Stadium Club.

Here's a couple of former Cubs. Starlin did okay in New York last year and I really think Jorge will finally come into his own in Kansas City this summer.

This next card is super thick and is beautifully framed. 
I'm always in the market for a serial numbered card of a smiling Ernie Banks. Excellent!.

The last two cards go into my Kerry Wood collection, which now stands at 488.
This relic card has a piece of game-used baseball in it. I think this is my first ball relic that is tied to a player.
 In this case, apparently Kerry Wood and Sammy Sosa both have some vague connection to the ball. That's a little different.

The last card is another Kerry Wood relic, which puts my Wood relic total at twenty-three. This is only my third Wood wood relic . . . if that makes any sense. The rest are either ball or jersey relics.
My Secret Santa really brought the goods!  What a great package!

I'd like to send a big thank you out to Daniel, from It's Like Having My Own Card Shop, for piecing this perfect package together for me!  Also, thank you to Matt, from BWTP, for organizing this year's card exchange.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I love the Bullinger card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it! I had fun putting it together for you!

    ReplyDelete