Yeah, it cost more than I wanted to pay. But pay, I did.
Grandpa Rossy was my favorite Cub the last couple of years and he played pretty well in his final season when given the opportunity. It will be difficult for the 2017 Cubs to replace this fun-loving leader.
2004 as a member of Team USA.
The fact that Ross commemorates the 2016 World Series Game 7 victory with a nice inscription on the front makes it even better. Thus, making it easily my favorite card made in 2016.
Here's the details on the contest:
1. Must be one card produced in 2016.
2. It does not have to be baseball related and may even be from a non-sport set.
3. It should be a card you have in your collection, but I'm a softie and will count your admission even if it isn't.
4. Make a quick blog post about your favorite card.
5. Reply in the comments section of this post with a link to your post before January 9th, 2017. (Some of you may find a new favorite during the holiday season!)
That's it! Pretty simple contest, but I think it will be fun to see everyone's favorite of 2016. So...
6. I will summarize all entries in one blog post. (I will pilfer pictures from your post and use them here.)
7. I will place all entrants into random.org and perform three randomizations. The winner (#1 slot) will receive a blaster of 2017 Topps S1 when it is released AND the person who winds up in the last place slot will also receive a prize, which is yet to be determined. Yes, even the last place person is a winner.
Now, get to posting!