Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Simpsons Folder of Fun Addition - Part 5

 If you missed the first post of this series you can go here to catch up.

I remember being disappointed when I first watched the "Homer at the Bat" episode to find Steve Sax was the second baseman and not my beloved Ryne Sandberg. 

These cards just continue to make me smile. This "photo" is a pretty generic pose, but there's something about a player being turned into a cartoon character which makes my eyes linger much longer before flipping to the next card. 

I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with the Springfield police. Poor, Steve!
I haven't mentioned it until now, but for what it's worth all the biographical information and career numbers match up with baseballreference.com. 

Tomorrow we'll show off my favorite player from the "Homer at the Bat" episode. 
Thanks for following along!


5 comments:

  1. I almost kind of wish that baseball players had their first names on the first of their uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I heard some guy got killed in New York and they never solved the case. But you wouldn't know anything about that now, would you, Steve?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although Sax had a great career... I was always confused why they picked him over Sandberg (or even Alomar).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read on Wikipedia that Sandberg was offered the role first but he turned it down.

      Delete
  4. The black and white background for Sax is a little odd. Maybe they were alluding to black and white notes?

    ReplyDelete