Thursday, April 23, 2020

DB Bracket: The Championship

It's Championship time on today's penultimate post of the Dime Box Bracket. Both Willson Contreras Cards bowled over the competition by the score of 9 to 3 in the semifinals

The Hawk and Kong put up a good fight, but an all Contreras final it is!

Thank you Nick for providing the cards in this mini-series!

Here's a view of the updated bracket:

Please leave a comment with your votes below, which only needs to include the player name, but I do appreciate your extra thoughts!  Remember, each time you vote you'll gain an entry for a PWE of cards.

The Championship

Match-up #15
#2 seed - 2020 Topps S1 Turkey Red, Willson Contreras, #TR-19
vs. 
#5 seed - 2019 Topps Holiday, Willson Contreras, #HW64

Commentary: Two cards produced within six months of each other, of the same player, have made the showdown. One is a little more classic and the other is certainly a little more gimmicky. But, they both have a certain level of appeal and I personally think a batting Willson Contreras card doesn't make it this far. There's something about the "tools of ignorance" on a piece of cardboard that catches my eye and the eyes of others. By the seeding, you know which one I'd vote for, but this poll is for the readers. So what do you think?

Alright, get to voting in the comment section below. I'll close it up here in roughly 48 hours, so don't delay. The next post will celebrate the winning card of the bracket and the winner of the contest giveaway.

Thanks again for playing along!

17 comments:

  1. Topps Holiday Contreras card is just too good a card, and gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may make me a turkey but I vote for the Turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote neither. So I shouldn't even be leaving a comment. Hi Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer, I was pulling for Kingman. I have to go with the Turkey Red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Christmas card, the way the picture fits into the horizontal frame is nice. Would be even better if it was the base version without all that crazy holly and snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Contreras Christmas card for the championship

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, my favorites are long gone.

    Christmas Contreras. I still love that set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oddly enough, the Christmas Contreras was the last card I added to your PWE, since I had room for exactly one more card in the envelope. And now it's gone all the way to the finals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas Contreras! If the Turkey comes back to win... it'll be one of the biggest choke events in dime box bracket history.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turkey Contreras, I like the look of the card and the expression of the player and his body language all play together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tough choice! I love the color synergy of the Turkey Red, so it gets my vote over the Topps Holiday (which I also love by the way - had it been his SP variation it would have been the easy choice!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the Turkey Red Contreras in the early rounds but now I think I'll go with the Holiday Contreras.

    ReplyDelete
  13. (2) 2020 W.Contreras over (5) 2019 W.Contreras

    ReplyDelete
  14. Voting has closed. Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete