Monday, February 6, 2017

New Home Uniform for 2017

Baseball tryouts at the high school I teach and coach start three weeks from today. We've been busy conducting open gyms for the last month or so and I think the players are anxious for spring. The head coach and I have been working on fundraisers and purchasing the equipment we need to get through the season. Our new jerseys came in last week, which created a little buzz among the players.

Last year we add a "throwback" style away jersey, which is pictured below. The jersey tops are in mold of the White Sox jerseys from 1982.
The players really got excited about the new personalized jerseys last year. Our school colors are maroon and gold, but I think the black looks pretty sharp.

This year we added a new home uniform to the mix. These kind of remind of the Astros' tops from the late 70s and early 80s, but maybe there's a better likeness out there?
 

The head coach wanted to go with a white top, but I talked him into going with the gold. Maybe white would have been a better choice.  What do you think?

It's a great time of year... spring training is right around the corner, I'm prepping for fantasy baseball drafts, there's new cardboard to talk about, and my baseball coaching season is right around the corner.

I just had to share a little bit of the excitement.  Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. I like the gold. Nice, classic look on those unis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the gold as well. I never played on a team. I can imagine how exciting it would be to get a jersey with my name on it -- wouldn't HACKENBUSH look great? Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gold was the right choice, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look nice. Very classy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome and sharp looking. May the Force be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I've always liked prime numbers and the high school uniform happened to fit back in the day. Just stuck with it!

      Delete