Friday, December 24, 2021

Folder of Fun Additions

 One of the reasons I love Sportlots so much is I can grab truly fantastic cards for only 18 cents apiece. 

Check out this one:

I don't remember Youppi, the mascot for the defunct Expos, but how could I pass this card by knowing it was out there?
I'm sure you've seen this Roger McDowell card from 1992 Triple Play. I was hoping we would see a pitcher take to the mound with a utility belt this summer as a part of practical joke. Some got really upset (Max Scherzer) but most were okay with it. I guess I'm a little disappointed the current MLB landscape doesn't have a big jokester like McDowell was known for being. 

Oh, Paul Noce. Poor guy!  Nah, I figure that ball is either glued to pants seat or perhaps some concoction of pine tar and gum has been applied?

Steve Sparks... wasn't he a knuckleball guy? Regardless, this card just makes me smile. I hope it put a smile on your face as well!

Enjoy the holidays!

9 comments:

  1. Okay hologram cards of mascots? Gonna have to go look hat set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fun cards, especially McDowell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roger McDowell was awesome. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youppi was adopted by the Montreal Canadiens. He's their mascot now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't seen the McDowell before. I would imagine that that is popular card amongst the bloggers though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How have I never heard or seen that hologram mascot set? That Youppi is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A late Merry Christmas to you! Paul Noce has a few fun minor league cards, but that one's easily my favorite.

    ReplyDelete