Friday, August 21, 2020

Cardboard Emotions

 I'm not sure about you, but when I reach into the mailbox I can have any number of emotions wash over me. For instance, my inner child is very much Oscar Azocar when an expected trade package arrives.

I had a PWE land in the mailbox the other day which left me more like Bret Saberhagen:

It was the unexpected variety of PWE, which often gives me pause. 

Then when I ripped it open I found a note.


The note left me all like John Wettleland:
Actually, I'm pretty sure I made that same face after reading Jeff's note.

Shortly after I was down in the card room flipping through the contents and I felt like a big fan boy, or Mickey Hatcher in this case. Gosh, I love fun cardboard!

The cards Jeff, from Wax Pack Wonders, sent me where very much en fuego 🔥🔥🔥, much like the Mickey's "hot foot" on the back of the very same card above. 

Sometimes the contents of a PWE or bubble mailer leaves me feeling like I'm a pretty big deal, like Mark Portugal.

Then I remember all those breakers with their fancy YouTube videos and BIG HITS and that puts me back in my proper place. 
I doubt very much I'll every need a camera like Doug Jones' or Bully Ripken's in my little corner of the hobby world. My trusty iPhone seems to do just fine for the blog.

My little corner is full of cards with guys wearing two gloves and players snuggling up to their bats.
And, I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks for the much appreciated PWE, Jeff!

5 comments:

  1. UD offered some fun shots. Taken me years to appreciate these. I was too focused on fancy full bleed cardboard back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome, fun cards. I really enjoyed seeing these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool cards. I could use a little of whatever Wettleland had before that photo was taken.

    ReplyDelete