Monday, August 10, 2015

Gint-A-Cuffs: Packs 5-8


Welcome back to A&G Week here on my humble little blog.  I have four more packs to open today and I found my first hit!  Also, this just in: Yankees . . . bleck.

Pack #5
217 – Wade Miley
083 – Matt Harvey
088 – Carl Crawford
AA-12 Ancient Armory – Shuriken +2
Mini 018 – Adam Eaton (regular back)
340 – Neftali Feliz
269 – Jeremy Roenick
152 – Jacoby Ellsbury -1 (Stupid Yankee.)
Ginter Code Promo
Pack Total = +1
Running Total = 20
Average Per Pack = 4.00



Pack #6 = First Hit!
052 – Jake Marisnick
259 – Jonathan Schoop
Mini 109 – Troy Tulowitzki (regular back)
SP-45 Starting Points – Giancarlo Stanton +2
FSRA-JR – Jeremy Roenick full-size relic +6
334 – Nick Tropeano
039 – Jon Singleton
Pack Total = +8
Running Total = 28
Average Per Pack = 4.67

Comments: Anyone else think the Starting Points card of Giancarlo Stanton should read “Mike” Stanton?  I mean, that IS how he started his MLB career. 
Also, I’ll take a Roenick hit.  He’s a former Blackhawk, and outside of pulling a Cub player I don’t know that I could be happier.
Lastly, does Topps not have a deal with the NHL?  I don’t know these things because I’m not a hockey guy.


Pack #7
121 – Wei-Yin Chen
254 – Alex Gordon
038 – Evan Longoria
184 – Marcell Ozuna
GS-9 Great Scott – Fingerprints +2
Mini 172 – Matt Carpenter (A&G back) +2
179 – Manny Machado
274 – Mookie Betts
Pack Total = +4
Running Total = 32
Average Per Pack = 4.57

Comments:  Cardinals.  Earning me points.  Ugh.



Pack #8 = Yankees Come Home to Roost
069 – Christian Bethancourt
206 – Erick Aybar
137 – Marlon Byrd
005 – Craig Kimbrel (favorite player) +2
SP-32 Starting Points – Jose Altuve +2
Mini 138 – Michael Pineda (regular back) -1 (Stupid Yankee.)
326 – Mitch Moreland
241 – CC Sabathia - (Stupid Yankee.)
Pack Total = +2
Running Total = 34  (projected score = 102)
Average Per Pack = 4.25

Comments: I pulled my first favorite player, but that was quickly negated by two slimy Yankees.  Bah, humbug.
It’s also the first time I’ve pulled four cards in one pack that affected my score.  

I'm a third of the way through the box and I've found one-third of the hits.  My projected score still isn't pretty, but at least it's still over one hundred!  #silverlinings

1 comment:

  1. Upper Deck has the hockey exclusive, at least when it comes to showing NHL logos.

    ReplyDelete