Sunday, August 9, 2015

Gint-A-Cuffs: Packs 1-4


Welcome to my own little personal Allen & Ginter's Week here on my blog. Seven straight days of nothing but A&G as I bust open my box for Gint-A-Cuffs VII.  For those of you not in the know, Gint-A-Cuffs is a friendly competition amongst bloggers to see who can open the best box.  Seventeen of us are competing this year.  The rules and scoring system have been published and I'm ready to get crackin'.  And who knows, I may even win this crazy contest. 
Pack #1 = Justin Hot Pack
266 – Drew Storen
015 – Justin Verlander
287 – Jon Lester (Cubs) +1
041 – Brandon Finnegan
Mini 103 – Salvador Perez (regular back)
AA-11 Ancient Armory – Claymore +2
310 – Justin Morneau
097 – Kendall Graveman
Pack Total = +3
Running Total = 3
Average Per Pack = 3.00

Comments: Hmmm.  Last year’s winner scored 207.5 points.  Considering there are 24 packs in a hobby box I’ll be lucky to break triple digits at this pace.  Ugh.   But, Hey!  It’s early!


Pack #2
002 – Nick Markakis
033 – Michael Wacha
098 – Yimi Garcia
SP-89 Starting Points – Yu Darvish +2
Mini 297 – Magna Carta (A&G back) +3
320 – Dallas Keuchel
154 – Rusney Castillo
056 – Apollo Creed
Pack Total = +5
Running Total = 8
Average Per Pack = 4.00





Pack #3 = Escobar Hot Pack
106 – Yunel Escobar
028 – Jayson Werth
286 – Addison Reed
MM-6 Menagerie of the Mind – Pegasus +2
Mini 346 – Shin-Soo Choo (SP, A&G back) +5
331 – Alcides Escobar
093 – Kelia Moniz
079 – Grant Miller
Pack Total = +7
Running Total = 15
Average Per Pack = 5.00

Comments: Obviously, that Choo mini SP with A&G back really helped.  I figure that’s just some Choo’s way of saying thanks for eating a Choomongous Boom Stick when I was in Arlington last year. 

Pack #4
288 – Robinson Cano
237 – Hyun-Jin Ryu
105 – Daniel Norris
264 – Matt Kemp
SP-52 Starting Points – Jacob DeGrom +2
Mini MM-6 Mythological Menaces – Wisakedjak +2
343 – Angel Pagan
299 – Brian Quinn
Pack Total = +4
Running Total = 19 (projected total = 114)
Average Per Pack = 4.75

Comments: Not sure how I feel about the Mythological Menaces AND the Menagerie of the Mind inserts both being labeled with MM.  #confusing

I’m four packs in and off to a pretty slow start.  I have pulled one Cub and I haven’t suffered a Yankee penalty yet though.  So, there's that.  Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment