Saturday, August 31, 2013

Aunt Millie's Kerry Wood

Eleven different cards were placed in Aunt Millie's Bread in the Chicagoland area during the summer.  Being two hours south of Chicago I had to find my copy of the Kerry Wood card on Ebay.  

I miss the days when you could buy a Grand Slam breakfast at Denny's and get a baseball card.  Or maybe they were inserted in Mootown Snackers string cheese. I ate a bunch of string cheese that summer.  Post Cereal?  Yep, I ate lots of cereal.  Oh, and I can't forget the Cracker Jack boxes!

The companies didn't have the MLB license, but that didn't stop them from inserting baseball cards in their product.  It certainly didn't stop my family from purchasing hose products... in bulk!

I tip my cap to Aunt Millie's and their promotional idea.  Well done, Aunt Millie!

2 comments:

  1. Nice card. Definitely one of my favorite Cubs moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 of these still in the wrapper in mint condition if anybody's interested

    ReplyDelete