Thursday, August 9, 2012

1978 Topps - Part VIII

Well, I've hit the home stretch of my 1978 Topps journey.  I'm down to nineteen cards to fill the vacant slots in my retro looking binder.  I've acquired my haul through two Ebay auctions (to get me started), three card shops, one card show, one local collector, and now three from the blogosphere.

As mentioned in my previous post, Jim, from Garvey Cey Russell Lopes, and I completed a trade that netted me a slew of Cubs and some set needs.


Within the set needs there were eight more '78 Topps that I needed.

Drum roll, please!

The last Cub I need for the set: Six time All-Star and Hall-of-Famer Bruce Sutter.

Four time Cy Young Award winner and Hall-of-Famer: Steve Carlton.

 Seven time All-Star, former Rookie of the Year, and MVP: Thurman Munson.

The rest, highlighted by seven time All-Star Reggie Smith (top center):

 Again, that leaves me with nineteen cards to hunt down, and the list is a who's who of talented ball players.

Thanks again for a great trade GCRL!

2 comments:

  1. I have a soft spot for this set. It was the first set I ever completed. I was just 11-12 yrs old. Cool! I'm sure the last 19 will fall quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Good luck on finishing it quickly.

    ReplyDelete