Friday, September 3, 2021

Gold Sig of Vogey

 When there's only five copies of a card sometimes I give up hope of ever adding one to my Vogelbach collection. A copy could be sitting in an unopened box on a shelf somewhere. Or, there might be one online, but the price could be prohibitive. 

Recently, my luck was in my favor.

A couple of weeks ago I came across this silver bordered, gold autograph of a mini Allen & Ginter 2020 Vogelbach card. Just GORGEOUS.

I added the card to my watchlist and crossed my fingers that the seller would send me a discounted offer on the card. Sometime this happens when a card doesn't sell right away at the initial asking price. 

An offer never came, which was okay with me because it was priced pretty reasonably to begin with. 

The "buy it now" auction was set to expire at midnight on Sunday, and with that in mind I offered 75% of the seller's asking price early Saturday morning. My offer was accepted immediately, which must have been the result of some sort of setting within the listed auction. 

It just arrived in my mailbox and now it's downstairs living the good life in my Vogelbach autograph box. Most excellent!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats getting a 25% discount on a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that gold signature is nice! Congratulations on the seller accepting your offer and you adding this card to your Vogey collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! That's awesome. Really happy you got this new card. It's sharp. It's a good thing his signature is so abbreviated as otherwise the card is hardly large enough for his name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That smile from the man himself says it all...congrats!

    ReplyDelete