Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cards My Sister Would Appreciate

There was a time my entire family collected baseball cards.  My dad bought packs of '89 Fleer and chased the Billy Ripken card.  My mom was fond of Upper Deck, even though it was more expensive, and I believe she still owns a couple of Griffey rookies.  My sister and I preferred quantity over quality in those days and we had mounds of Donruss, Fleer, Score, and Topps.  Heck, I still have more junk wax than I know what to do with!

When I look back on my childhood, collecting as a family is in my Top 5 "events" of all-time.  I'm smiling now just thinking about it!

Here's a couple of cards that found their way into my mailbox earlier this week.
 On the left is a 2013 Topps Chrome purple parallel and the right we have a pink parallel from Topps Series 3.  My sister?  Oh, she was into baseball cards back in the day, but her favorite color was/is purple.  I have to imagine if shiny purple parallels were prevalent in our pre-teens she would have preferred them a plenty.

Hehe.  That was a lot of p's.

I have Judson, from My Cardboard Habit, to thank for the these two beauties.  I made a quick comment and claimed any Chrome Cubs that he might have and he shipped off Starlin and Mr. Bogusevic posthaste.  Here's what I sent his way.

Speaking of Judson, he's thinking about busting a case of Topps Triple Threads.  The Cubs have already been claimed, but that doesn't mean that I can't promote his break!  Click here.

Thanks for another great trade, Judson!

No comments:

Post a Comment