I've held this contest the past two years and it seemed to go over pretty well both times. The inaugural contest had 35 participants and last year we saw it grow to 42. Here's some quick stats:
With the Cubs finally winning a World Series in 2016, and being represented well in 2017 sets, it wasn't a shock to see them as the most popular team from last year. Does that mean good things for the Astros in this year's edition? Only time will tell.
I'm going to put the Cubs and Topps Flagship out to an early lead with my favorite card of the year. I really wanted to choose a Vogelbach card this year, but there weren't many options this card collecting year and none of them spoke to me.
So, I'll take some smiling Cubs instead:
It's my favorite card this year, because it displays what I enjoy most about baseball: it's a fun game built around relationships and camaraderie with your teammates. This photo selection reminds me of why I coach high school baseball.
Here's the details for the contest:
1. Must be one card produced in 2018.
2. It does not have to be baseball related and may even be from a non-sport set. (Ahem... Stranger Things *cough-cough* Zippy Zappy *cough-cough*)
3. It should be a card you have in your collection, but I'm a softie and will count your entry even if it isn't.
4. Make a quick blog post about your favorite card. (I appreciate other social media platforms as much as the next guy, but I'm a blog guy at heart and only blog posts will be entered. My contest, my rules. Sorry, not sorry.)
5. Reply in the comments section of this post with a link to your blog post before January 7th, 2019. (Some of you may find a new favorite during the holiday season!)
That's it! It's a pretty simple contest, but it makes for an easy blog post and some interesting reading material for the rest of us.
6. I will summarize all the entries in one blog post. (I will also pilfer pictures from your post and use them here.)
7. I will place all entrants into random.org and perform three randomizations. As per tradition, the winner (#1 slot) will receive a blaster of 2019 Topps Series 1 when it is released AND the person who winds up in the last place slot will also receive a prize, which is yet to be determined. Yes, two winners!
Now, get to posting!