Monday, May 9, 2016

How Many Times Have You Done The Same?

Man, I've done this more times than I'd like to admit.  The worst part of it is I usually spent the time to write the note and it's literally within arm's reach when I'm sealing things up. 

I saw a sweet purple GQ Anthony Rizzo on Stealing Home's blog, All Trade Bait, All The Time, and we ironed out a trade in no time flat.

 Hey, this box looks familiar to me!
 I bought a couple of pre-opened boxes of 1993 flair at an estate sale some time back and I've found that the "packs" work really well for sending cards in packages. The cards I sent out west were in this exact box. Apparently Oscar is all about recycling packaging materials like myself, so he sent it back my way. Save the planet! 

Here's the sweet Rizzo purple parallel from this year's rendition of Gypsy Queen.  Very nice, indeed!
A couple of cards for my Wrigley insert set build.
 A pair of favorites from my first run through the hobby.
 A pair of more recent Cubs in Jason Hammel and Brian Schlitter. Hammel is holding down the fourth spot in the rotation, but Schlitter and his flo are now pitching for the Rockies' organization.
 
 Horizontal Cubs! I loved those throw back uniforms Shawn Camp is sporting.
 Here's two of the better pitches in Cubs recent history. 
Last, but not least, a random Classic Best minor league card and an Ernie mini. I don't know if I've ever paired up an odder couple of cards.
Oscar, thanks for the trade and good luck to your Dodgers this year!

4 comments:

  1. If I had a dollar for every time I forgot to put the note in before I sealed up the envelope, paying for the postage would never be a problem again. Love the Rizzo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those Wrigley cards are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chances are I'll make the mistake of taping the top of your next Zippy Zapping mailer before the last two cards I ordered for you are safely inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done that a few times myself. You're not alone.

    ReplyDelete