Friday, March 25, 2016

Still Pack Free, But . . .

I have not purchased any packs in 2016 and I have yet to add a base card from Topps 2016 flagship product, but thanks to gcrl I now have some Heritage! I don't know why I linked his blog, because it's gone dark, but Jim is still out there dispersing cards. Thatta boy!

 Two-fourths of the Cubs outfield.  Yes, I'm a math teacher.  Yes, I know you can only start three outfielders. I'm figuring both of these two guys will get over 100 starts along with Kyle Schwarber. Heyward should start around 150.  At least, I hope that's the plan.  Only his guy knows for sure:
 It's my first Joe Maddon card donning Cub blue!  Simply. Awesome. I really like the look and feel of this year's Heritage issue, but I'm not a fan of the really thin and really small signatures. The thinner the signatures are the more they look like facsimiles.
GCRL also threw in a Ryno from 1992 Stadium Club's Members Choice.  It's a nice shot of Sandberg in between rounds of batting practice at Wrigley Field. That's my best guess. I believe he's sporting some helmet hair.  No?

Thanks for the cards, Jim. I'll see if my LCS has an 2016 Heritage Dodgers I can send your way!

3 comments:

  1. Its about time we got a Joe Maddon Cubs card - I only wish they'd have used a picture with the team magician or some of the zoo animals from last season so as to truly capture his persona in cardboard form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Maddon card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the OF situation in Chicago will work itself out soon. If nothing else it's proof that the superior teams in the NL are ready for the DH (and that that's what makes them superior).

    ReplyDelete