Thursday, July 14, 2022

Checking In

 Don't get too excited. I'm just checking in to thank a couple of bloggers for dropping some Vogelbach love on me via the always appreciated PWE.

Yes, I'm still alive and kicking, but my focuses have changed slightly. I'm still adding Vogelbach cards to my collection, but I'm mostly working on filling the holes in my player collection from 2011-2021. I'm not purchasing newer cards (think 2022) of my favorite current player unless I can get them for less than a couple of bucks. Otherwise, sports cards aren't really occupying my time much. 

I'm reading a bit more, trying to get outside more (disc golf and hikes), and making an effort to spend more time with friends and family. 

Now, on to the mail!
I've always been a big fan of a handwritten note accompanying the card. The people in the hobby are the best part, and little personal touches like the notes above just make my day. 

Greg, from The Collective Mind, found this Playoff Contenders auto from 2011. Can you believe it's been eleven years since the Vogelmonster was drafted? How did that happen?

Jim, author of cards as I see them, sent the black and white Bowman from 2020. The B&W photo gives the card a little bit of that old-timey feel, which I think meshes well with Vogey. 

A BIG thank you to Greg and Jim for thinking of me and also for their generosity. 

I hope all my blogging friends are doing well!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Tom! Great to see a post from you & hope all is well! You'll always be the Vogelmonster guy around the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you! Always think of you when I see Vogelbach, who I think is with Pittsburgh now, but seems to constantly be on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. Maybe one day you can put together a jumbo post showing off your supercollection. I'm sure that'd be fun to scroll through! Glad you're doing well. Thought about you last month when I was vacationing in Chicago (see my blog for big recap) and would have likely reached out about a meet up had I found myself near P-town.

    ReplyDelete