Sunday, July 24, 2016

Off Hiatus Offs His Conlon

While on the road last week Tony, from Off Hiatus Baseball Cards, sent me a warning e-mail. I don't have the actual e-mail any longer, because I'm pretty vigilant about keeping a tidy e-mail box, but I think it read something like this:
 

Oh, I added in the red text for humor. Tony's a really good dude and certainly meant no ill will by sending me the cards pictured below.
Heck, that's a huge contribution. After some serious collating, I've come to find I'm only 5 cards short of finishing off the first two years of Conlon. Tony didn't hold back and absolutely crushed my want lists for 1991 and 1992. In total, he sent me 358 cards I needed for my set build, which works out to be about 25% of the behemoth 1,435 card set. THANK YOU!

I'm at 47.4% completion and seven bloggers and one kind sister have helped to this point.

If you have any cards that fill a hole in my want list, please leave a note in the comments. I would love to work out a trade.

Tony, thanks for the huge boost to my set build!

5 comments:

  1. Hey - if you happen to get a double of #976 Vic Keen, would you mind sending it my way? I thought I had everything I needed from that set and then *poof* another card pops up out of nowhere. Of course, I'll make sure to over-compensate you for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it may be awhile, but I'll keep an eye out for you!

      Delete
  2. I think my email said that I was about to do a little damage to your wantlist....

    I think I did a little.

    I also did say that I sent you a priority mailer, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, you certainly did do some damage. And, yes, if I recall correctly a priority mailer was mentioned! Thanks again!

      Delete