Saturday, April 12, 2014

Cardinal Fans Are Cool: Part 2 (A Trade Post)

On contacted Madding, author of Cards on Cards, about the possibility of swapping some 2012 Panini Triple Play.  Mr. Madding is a Cardinals and I'm sure one of the "Cards" in his blog's title reflects his favorite baseball team, but my mind keeps going back-and-forth on which one represents cardboard and which one is about the Redbirds.  Huh.  I'm a Cub fan... I shouldn't spend my time on such trivial items!

Here's what started the trade:
Yep, I'm down to four cards to complete the master set of '12 Triple Play.  I've had a rough time tracking down the "Real Feel Pants" card.  You don't have one laying around, do you?

Madding, an ever-generous Cardinal fan, tossed in a few Cubs.  You know what's great?  All of them will find a spot in my binders!
 What kind of baseball card collecting Cub fan would I be if I didn't keep my Mr. Cub cards in a binder?

Topps Stickers!  I don't have any of these yet.
My unofficial collection of Starlin Castro is growing much faster than my official player collection of Kosuke Fukudome.  This is my 93rd unique Fukudome card and Starlin is not too far behind!

Here are my two favorites, a 2013 gold parallel and a 2014 red parallel of Junior Lake.
 I remember sitting behind the first baseman in Peoria while Junior played shortstop and always being alert and ready.  He threw as hard as Shawon Dunston from the position, but he made Shawon look accurate.  That takes some talent!
Currently, Junior is knocking over ball-hawks on Waveland Avenue with his mammoth home runs.  Good for you, Junior!

Madding, thanks for the set help and the extra Cubs!  They are great additions to my binder!  And dare I say it?  For the second time in as many days, Cardinal fans are ... gulp... pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot easier to say after an extra inning win against them for our Cubbies!

    (Although it shouldn't have even gone into extras....)

    ReplyDelete