Friday, September 6, 2013

A Minion in My Mailbox! At school?

This was a bit different.

First, let me explain that I teach high school math and my room is located in one of the school's more recent expansion areas.  What's nice is the seven teachers in my wing have our own teacher's lounge that houses our mailboxes.  The other sixty-plus faculty members' mailboxes are located in the original teachers' lounge.   What's not nice is how often the seven of us, who are located out of the way, are often forgot about when it comes to mailings, memos, and worst of all... goodies for the teachers.

During the first thirteen days of school I think I've pulled maybe 3 items out of my mailbox, which is pretty typical.  That's a pretty low number compared to the rest of the staff in the main lounge.  So, you can understand that when I found a brown paper bag in my mailbox I was a little curious and somewhat anxious.

Then I saw what the other side read: "From Karl."

I attend Karl's going-off-to-college party recently and gave him a hooded sweatshirt that featured his new school as a gift. I had Karl in Calculus last school year and he was our basketball statistician for two years as well.  Needless to say, Karl is a good guy and someone I always looked forward to talking baseball with.

I made a random comment at his recent party about how I really enjoyed the minions from "Despicable Me 2" and ...

Yep, and I found this guy in the brown paper bag along with one of the little "happy meal" minions from McDonald's.

I can't wait until the Minion Movie comes out this winter!  Wait...  IMDb says December of 2014.  Yikes!  Well, I can't wait until next winter!

Did I mention that Karl is good guy?  Thanks, Karl!  I'm not sure what this guy's name is, but he's going to work with me.  He'll be my minion of mathematics!


1 comment: