Thursday, December 18, 2014

Good Luck, ROCK SHOUDLERS

A week ago this came across my computer screen and it just soured my whole day:
Luis Flores?  Meh.  I'm okay with losing a light hitting, 28-year-old, back-up catcher with no major league experience, but not ROCK SHOULDERS!
 ROCK SHOULDERS can cook Minute Rice in 58 seconds AND he was one of my "player collection" guys.


 I was fortunate enough to meet ROCK SHOULDERS twice in person while he played for Kane County.  Both times he was very generous with his time and more than willing to meet with and sign for fans.  The two autos on the left were in-person autos, while the Draft Picks was a Zippy Zappying and the Pro Debut was an eBay find.

I once heard that Spiderman wears ROCK SHOULDERS underwear.  I guess everyone, even Spidey, has to have a hero to look up to.  No?

Collecting future cards of Mr. Shoulders will be a heart-wrenching decision, as his coolness rating has taken a severe hit now that he is no longer a Cub.  Yet, we was (is?) one of my two favorite minor league players along with the Vogelmonster.  What's a baseball card collecting fan to do?  I guess I won't refuse his cards, but I probably won't be actively seeking them out anymore.  At least I don't have to change the name of my blog with this latest transaction.  I'm still not sure how Zippy Zappy is dealing with loss Francisco Cervelli so well.

Good luck in Texas, ROCK SHOUDLERS!

6 comments:

  1. What disappointed me was the fact that Rock Shoulders was taken with the first pick AFTER Colorado selected. Can you imagine the marketing possibilities of a slugger named Rock Shoulders playing for the Rockies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have a definite ring to it for sure! The fans would probably rename the Rock Pile after him: Rock's Rock Pile. Nice!

      Delete
  2. Rock Shoulders, Texas Ranger.

    Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad he went to an AL team. Hopefully he'll get a better shot at making the big leagues with the DH as an option.

      Delete
  3. Sorry for your loss. Although he was sort of blocked by Rizzo and Vogelbach so maybe this move will give Shoulders a better shot at standing out (plus imagine how much damage Rock and his power could do in teeny tiny Rangers ballpark).

    BTW, I believe that Panini Prizm auto was sent to you by Wes, not me.

    As for how I could handle Cervelli departure, I knew he was going to be out the door soon. Plus Torrens made it all better. Now if Torrens leaves however, that's going to be a problem...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bad. I knew it was Wes or you... I flipped a coin. I hope Wes can forgive this slight oversight. I would hate to suffer his wrath ... again!

      Delete