Thursday, December 25, 2014

2014 Crackin' Wax Holiday Gift Exchange, Part II

Merry Christmas and welcome to Part II of my Crackin' Wax Holiday Gift Exchange reveal!  I've chosen the largest of the six individually wrapped presents to show you today. 

Let's rip it open!
 
 Nice, a team bag full of what appears to be cards of my favorite team!
 Above we have some late issue licensed cards from Upper Deck, 2007 and 2010 to be exact.  Below we have some 2007 Topps, which is a couple of years before I resurfaced in the hobby.
 I'll have to cross check these and see if any can fit into my FankenSet! 
 Above we have 2007 Topps Heritage and I believe I need all of these and I'm pretty sure that the shiny refractor of Ted Lilly will fit into the FrankenSet, regardless of what card is in that pocket.

Up next we have a little of this and a little of tha.
 I've never seen cards from Upper Deck's 2010 Portraits set.  The Aramis Ramirez makes a pretty nice first impression.  Boy, I'm crossing my fingers that this year's crop of rookies fair better than Alberto Cabrera and Brett Jackson.  Cubs fans could use something to cheer for!

I really like how this 2007 A&G card is done. Very tasteful and classy.  I hope Alfonso Soriano is enjoying his retirement; part of me wishes he would sign a one year deal with the Cubs to impart his tutelage on the young pups.

Hey, a card from my youth!  Sandberg was my favorite player when I was growing up and this '92 Topps Gold parallel takes me way back! An believe it or not, I needed this one for my player collection of Sandberg.  Fantastic!  And look who's sharing the spotlight with Ryno in this shot...
 That's right!  None other than the amazing ROCK SHOULDERS!  Last I heard, Santa deferred to ROCK SHOULDERS to see if children had been naughty or nice.  ROCK SHOULDERS is watching you!

What a great assortment of cards!  This has been a lot of fun so far and I still have five more little presents to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment