Monday, June 5, 2017

This Man Likes Blue Tape

Most bloggers know AJ as The Lost Collector, but I think I may start a grass roots movement to dub him the "Do. Not. Tape. Your. Toploaders. Guy." He is passionate about the use of blue tape, which is also something near and dear to my collecting heart.

I actually have a PWE sitting on my desk from TLC. Let's rip it open and give a quick critique of how it was packaged.

Top Loader?  Check.
Penny sleeve?  Check.
Blue tape?  Check.
Safe and happy cardboard?  But of course!

Preach on, AJ.  Preach on.

He also included a note.

I always love a good note. The school teacher in me especially likes that this one is on notebook paper and addressed to "Coach." Thanks to all the well-wishers in regards to my baseball team. We lost in extra innings to eventual sectional champion, but your support was most appreciated!

Alright, let's take a look at that Rizzo.

Infinite, huh?  Okay... sure. I guess I can see how Anthony is kind of fading off into infinity . . . or something.

As busy as I've been, it should come as no surprise these are my first 2017 Bunt cards.
Thanks for PWE, AJ!

5 comments:

  1. Haha thanks for the topicality of your post. Good thing I used blue tape, or I would have been a fraud. According to the top loader, someone before me used masking tape, which is a step in the right direction.

    I'm the worst at having scrap paper around the house, so I definitely took an old piece of notebook paper and cut it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do students in your class pass notes anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. It used to be texting, this year was Snapchat, and I'm sure there will a new App this fall. We have a "no cell phone" policy, which makes it all very similar to not being allowed to pass notes in class.

      Delete
  3. I'm a big believer in taping my toploaders shut. I'm responsible for the condition and shipment on my end, so any extra measures I can take to make sure they stay in their toploaders I will. I generally just stick to scotch tape though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should clarify that I generally send multiple cards in a sleeve (not sure what exactly it's called) and then take two old, previously taped toploaders and tape around the entire package.

      Delete