Friday, January 23, 2015

Jason Motte, Warmsy McNapster, and Moonlighting

I'm in the middle of the second half of my high school basketball coaching gig and time is scarce, but that hasn't stopped me from jumping on the Twitter Machine and pulling a couple of my favorite photos.

Jason Motte was signed to pitch in high leverage situations this season AND provide veteran leadership for the Cubs' young bullpen.  The picture below was taken at last weekend's Cubs Convention.

I'm not doubting his pitching prowess, but this picture certainly doesn't build my confidence in him guiding a bunch of early twenty-somethings to success.  It looks like Joe Maddon may have his hands full.

You have probably heard that Wrigley Field's bleachers won't be finished until June.  I guess left-field is scheduled to be completed in early May and it's right-field brethren will open up in late May.
care of @WrigleyBlog
Either way, Chicago winters are unpredictable and I'm not holding my breath.  I do think the Cubstruction logo is clever though.

May I introduce to you Gus Warmsy McNapster.  If you can think of a warm place to sleep you can bet he's already found it.
Somewhere underneath that heating blanket is my beautiful wife's lower half.  Silly cat.

Lastly, I've been thinking about picking up a part-time and/or summer job. A new sports complex will be opening near my neighborhood late this spring and supposedly the management is looking to hire individuals who have coaching experience and know the games of softball and baseball.   Hey, that's me!
 I've already got my name in the applicant pool.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this blog posting. Lots of good luck on getting chosen for the sports complex work.
    P.S. Thanks for stopping by to see us this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete