Thursday, July 9, 2020

The Wrong LT Fan Club

Recently, a plain white envelope (PWE) found my mailbox with the return address listed as the LT Fan Club. I can't deny I get excited when an unannounced PWE arrives, but I was puzzled at first as to who was that big of an LT fan. I suppose I'm showing my age a bit when the first LT who comes to mind is this guy:
Oddly enough, this isn't the first time I've received something from the same return address, but for whatever reason my mind keeps making the football connection when I should be thinking of Zippy Zappy and Torren' Up Cards. After all, ZZ is the president of the Luis Torrens Fan Club.

Within the PWE I found quite a few firsts.
 These are my first cards of both Lauri Markkanen and Kris Dunn. The Bulls have been mostly an afterthought the last decade or so, but Markkanen and Dunn are young, so maybe there'll be something to cheer about in a few years?

Commander Cody is the man. This is my first card of his and I'm pretty stoked.
 I don't remember Clone Pilot Hawk, but I'll hang on to him, too.
I thought the Topps Attax brand could have been so much more the first time around and I'm glad to see it's still out there in some other incarnation.

Hey, baseball!
Every year Heritage makes me reconsider a design. I was never a fan of the 1971 set, but those black borders (without the chipping) are certainly growing on me.

I'm very curious to see what Kris Bryant looks like as a lead-off hitter. I suppose that's still the plan out of Cubs Spring Training 2.0.  Here's to hoping things get better and we get to see first hand!

Thanks for brightening my day, Zippy Zappy!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got the PWE, ironically the day after I got your comment saying you got it I got another much more worthwhile card for you and it's on its way to you now as well.

    And as a Giants fan (I may not show it but I am) I approve of being a Lawrence Taylor Fan Club member. Although LT is really supposed to stand for The Lettuce and Tomato fan club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those Topps Attax cards. I'll have to try and track down some of my favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lawrence Taylor is the ONLY LT who should come to mind.

    Also, the only Commander Cody who should come to mind is the guy who did "Hot Rod Lincoln". (You may be showing your age a bit, but I'm showing my age more!)

    ReplyDelete