Sunday, July 22, 2018

Purging before the Move

My good friends, Jeff and Nichole, have been Cubs season ticket holders . . . who live in Texas. I just got word that they're moving to the Pacific Northwest and then a couple weeks later a package mysteriously finds its way to my mailbox.

I have to assume they're in the stages of packing. Been there and done that. Laura and I haven't moved as recently or as frequently as they have, but I understand that it's sometimes easier to find a new home for things rather than pack and unpack them.

Packages from Jeff are always the best for a couple of reasons. 1) They never come announced and 2) they always are centered around baseball and the Cubs.

So, let's see what I get to add to my newly remodeled man room. 😁

Stickers!
I think #That'sCub was the Cubs' social media slogan in 2017.  This year it's #EverybodyIn.

A new watch!
 It's one of those wrist flip bandy thingies. The correct terminology is escaping me right now.

This is really cool. It's a 4" by 6" lenticular card of Wrigley Field.
 One of views show Wrigley Field from April 23rd, 2014.  The other one shows it from the same date in 1914.
 The back shows it is a holiday card. Very nifty! The Cubs did a fine job of marketing when Wrigley turned 100 years old.
 Speaking of cards...
This one is more of a celebration card!
 When you open it up it starts to play music.
Feel free to hit play if you like, but you probably already know what song you'll hear! Fantastic!

A big thanks go out to Jeff and Nichole for the sweet Cubs memorabilia and best of luck with the move!

6 comments:

  1. The view from 1914 on the lenticular card is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit play figuring the song would be "Disco Duck".

    Was disappointed as it never played.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, I'm not sure why it's not playing. C'est la vie.

      Delete
  3. That 4x6 lenticular card of Wrigley is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In middle school in MN we called them slap bracelets.

    ReplyDelete