Saturday, December 10, 2016

Do Simple Better

Sometimes trade packages are overwhelming and become a chore sort, collate, and blog about.

 One of my favorite Maddon-isms from this past year is "Do Simple Better."
 AJ, of "The Lost Collector" blog, did just that.

A surprise PWE always puts a smile on my face, no matter how the day has shaken out to that point.

This guy makes me smile, too. What a fun personality and he's a pretty good pitcher to boot! Hat's to the left, Pedro. Hat's to the left.

I have the base of this Arrieta card and now the gold to go with it. Actually, I may be mistaken but I think this is my first gold parallel from 2016 Topps.


Come to think of it, I don't have much of anything from this year and that's partly my fault. I didn't purchase hardly and packs this year and when I hit a new shop or a card show I'm always shopping for someone else. Plus, I'm not a fan of the design. C'est la vie.

Both of these cards fill holes in my 2016 Cubs teams set. I'm really excited about the Cahill because the guy doesn't have much cardboard, let alone anything of him in a Cubs uniform.
 This card isn't from 2016, but I still needed for my Rizzo collection. Heck, I didn't even know this was an insert set!

Thanks for doing simple better, AJ!  My collection appreciates it!

3 comments:

  1. I know you keep trying to tell us not to send you anything, but a PWE now and then won't hurt, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very excited to see Cahill's name pop up in the Update set - relievers need love too! It was his last chance at a Cubs card, after all.

    ReplyDelete