Thursday, May 26, 2016

Food Edition!

The Cardboard Curmudgeon sent me a PWE late last week. I've been waiting for a nice time to open the envelope and finally found a good moment. Baseball cards are the perfect distraction when you're feeling down about a 3 to 2 loss in the bottom of the 12th inning during the state playoffs. It was a fun game to coach, but the ending was quite heart-breaking. I'm going to miss those seniors.

Back to the distraction . . .
Let's see what the owner of The Card Chop sent over!

I really like this card for a number of reasons. It measures 2" by 3.5", so it's unique in its size. There aren't many pictures of players base running, especially from this angle. Stirrups, looooove the stirrups! And lastly, that wristband is awesome.  See how it matches the waistband of his pants perfectly?  It's almost as though his wrist is missing  and there's a random hand patting his butt . . . eerie.
Stolen from Ebay because I was too lazy to get my camera phone out.

I bought the 1982 Cubs Red Lobster team set when I was in middle school.  I had to have the Ryne Sandberg card because it predated his 1983 Topps rookie card.

I may try to sneak this card into my Cubs FrankenSet.  Thanks for thinking of me, Steve!

2 comments:

  1. One of these days I'll pull the trigger on a set of these. Smart move picking it up back then.

    ReplyDelete