Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Trade with ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession

This is my third trade with Adam, from APSmirth's Sportscard Obsession, over the last half year or so.  Adam is a fan of the World Champion San Francisco Giants and one heckuva trade partner.  Here's his breakdown of what I sent his way, but it pales in comparison to what I received in return. 

We're both working on the 2012 Triple Play set by Panini, so that was the impetus for the trade.  Here's the Panini that fell out of the trade package.  I do really like those "FOCUS" cards.  Check out my want list if you think you can help!

On to the rest of the goodies!  Wait, but first a note from Adam:
Um, Adam.  Yeah.  Well, in short, the Cubbies more than made up for it!

2001 Topps Gold Label -- Hee Seop Choi and a 2001 Fleer Greats of the Game -- Hack Wilson
 I do love shiny cards, I'm just sorry my camera couldn't capture all the shininess.  Oooh, and a Hack Wilson!  Hack reminds of a shorter, right-handed version of Babe Ruth. 

Yes, Matt, I'm doing another post about Cubs baseball cards.  No need to make faces.
'01 Fleer Platinum

More Kerry Wood cards to add to the growing stack that makes up my unofficial player collection.  At this rate, I'm never going to get all of my Kid K's collated and logged in checklist format.
'01 Fleer Genuine
'04 Fleer Inscribed

2012 Topps Gold Parallel -- Ryan Dempster and a 2012 Topps Opening Day Blue Parallel of Starlin Castro

A Red 2012 Topps Parallel of a flying Darwin Barney!  Hey, my first red parallel!  Sweet deal!

Another 2012 Castro?  Yep, this time from the Topps Chrome Set.  Nice!

Wait, what?  A 1994 Fleer Nolan Ryan?  Huh.  Not a Cub, but definitely needed from my want list!

 Sammy Sosa?  Yep a 2004 Upper Deck "Power Up!" card that features Sammy on HGH.  No shocker there.

2012 Panini Cooperstown Cubs!  I really like the photos on these cards, especially the Evers and Tinker.  There just aren't many cards out there of these two guys that feature action shots!
 Ernie and Fergie!
 The Hawk and a Ryno!

 Shoot, if that wasn't enough, there's another pile of Cubs that I didn't have the patience to photograph for the blog.  Look, another shiny card of Castro!

Adam, you really outdid yourself this time.  I'm starting to wonder how I' ever going to even up the score!  Thanks again for a fantastic trade!



No comments:

Post a Comment