Sunday, April 15, 2018

Let's Celebrate!

Today is the seventh anniversary of when I started my blog. Although my post rate has slowed some the last couple of years, I still have fun sending out trade packages and documenting those that I receive. The blog has become a wonderful way to share my love for the hobby with others who are like minded. You guys and gals are good people.

Here's another thing to celebrate, Dan Vogelbach's first career MLB home run off Chris Hatcher. Go ahead and skip ahead in the video to the 1:30 mark. I couldn't find a clip of just The Vogelmonster doing damage, so I've embedded the game wrap.
He hit this one on Friday, but I was too busy with life to notice and get a post out. Congrats to The Vogelmonster on his first career homer!

Yesterday he launched a bomb off Emilio Pagan of for his second career homer.  Get a look at where this one lands and then check out Nelson Cruz' reaction.
That was blasted! Very impressive indeed.

To celebrate the blogiversary and The Vogelmonsters' coming out party, let's show off my newest cardboard purchase.

Awwww yeah! It's a cracked silver ice parallel from 2013 Bowman Draft & Prospects. But, this one is from the 2017 Topps Archives Signature Series product and is stamped with a 1/1 in the upper left. BTW, it's absolutely gorgeous in hand. My wife even thought it was pretty!
Yep. When I celebrate, I celebrate in style!

Thanks for following the blog all of these years and an extra special thanks to those who put up with my crazy Vogelmonster obsession. 😁

21 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and Vogelmonster on the milestones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on having reached another blogging milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see that Dan is seizing his opportunity! Also, it's about time he surpassed Mike Montgomery in home runs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the blog anniversary. Great pickups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The better reaction on the monster's 2nd launch was the pitcher. He knew from the mere sound that sucker was demolished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! Congratulations! Here's to as many more years as you enjoy writing. You'll always have the readers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought of you when I saw the highlight of The Vogelmonster's homer last night. Congrats on seven years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your 7th blogiversary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it must be milestone week! I thought of you as soon as I saw that blast. Congrats Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on making it 7 years! Here's to another great 7.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy (belated) blogiversary. Goooo Voglemonster!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on 7 years! That new card is absolutely awesome. One of the most beautiful cards I've seen in a while.

    ReplyDelete