Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It's March, Right?

It was 6a.m. and I was out on the roads this morning going to work.  After sliding through an intersection in my neighborhood I decided to take a look at my phone once I got to a stop light.  Two missed phone calls, one voice mail, and three text messages.  Shoot.

Why didn't I check my phone before I left the house?  Argh.  Stupid. 

So, I did a u-turn and made it half-way up my drive way before loosing my forward momentum.  My newly repaired card was now sliding back down the driveway . .  backwards.  Just my luck, right?

I came to a stop in the snow bank, which I created with my trusty shovel a week earlier, and I was safe.  Stuck, but safe.  I was only in about six inches of snow, but that was enough to stop me and trap me.  If I had traction I would have been able to push through or pull out, but my front wheels were on hockey rink.  Sigh.

I left the car and went inside to announce that school was wisely cancelled, and I would be making pancakes for breakfast after I extricated the card from the snow bank at the bottom of the driveway.
The above picture gives you a better idea at the steepness of my driveway.  This shot is after my salting efforts.

A 40-pound bag of water softener salt later and . . .   poof!  It's magic!  The car is gone!




Now, the car is in the garage, my belly is happy, and I can catch up on the piles of cards and my blogging responsibilities.  Life is good.
Happy National Pancake Day!   Stay safe out there!  It's March, so it's going to get warmer soon, right?

7 comments:

  1. oh boy - I can sympathize, even though this winter has been pretty mild and dry in Minneapolis. Pancakes well earned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine. It's 81 degrees here right now. The low is 66.

    Super jelly of your pancake day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's going to be 73 here tomorrow. And now, Tom, you know why I left the Midwest and moved South!

      Delete
  3. I know how you feel. We suddenly got a few inches of snow and I had to wait for a bus that came an hour late (which is on time by NY standards).
    Winter snow, a beautiful concept, horrible execution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zippy Zappy. I'm just going to pretend to ignore The Junior Junkie and Tony up there.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks. It's sporty yet I can haul stuff and gets 30+ mpg. :)

      Delete