Monday, March 30, 2015

Hangin' with The Leprechaun, Part III

I love boxes of random Cubs cards, because who knows what will unveil itself.

 The Leprechaun thought I might really enjoy some of the cards, especially these:




I don't know that I enjoy the color green as much as him, but I did appreciate the colorful rainbow of parallels!

Here are a few other cards which The Leprechaun thought might standout:

See what I did there.  Hehe.

There were plenty of Cubs for the player collections, including a half-dozen Kosuke Fukudome rookie cards:
 Plenty of Mr. Cub and Kid K:
 Kuji Fujikawa, fan favorite Augie Ojeda, Shawon Dunston, and Nomah!
 Even a couple of Albert Almora cards that are new to the binders!
 Woo-Hoo!  More 2015 Topps that has magically found its way to me!

 I really like the team cards this year.  Celebration shot?  Check.  Throwback uniforms?  Check.  Happy collector?  Check.
 International parallels of the two main cogs in the Cubs offense... more Cubs binder fodder! Love it!
 Some older cards with some excellent names!  This Leprechaun sure knows what he's doing!
 Ahhhh!  Random cards from insert sets and some tasty Kellogg's 3-D Super Stars!  Sweet!
 Patty, the Leprechaun, then did a little jig and then all of the Greg Maddux and Ryne Sandberg cards found themselves into two neat piles.  Man, I need to learn how to that.

Here are my two favorite Maddux cards.  The 50th anniversary Leaf is a bit surprising: I guess I over looked the fact that Leaf has been around that long.  And I remember these Black Gold cards when they were first released.  Pretty cool that I now have the Maddux after all of these years.

I really liked the subsets within early 90s sets. Tuxedos, black and white, caricatures, and recognizing those who put service above self.  They had it all.  But the high releases and inserts were the cards that got all of the attention at card shows.  The Leprechaun has given me the best of both worlds!

Here's some oddballs of Ryno...
 And more high-end...

On to random Cubs goodness that doesn't fit a certain niche in my collection:
 A framed mini of Ryan Dempster, an actual mini, and card smaller than a mini... oh my!

Some Peoria Chiefs love!
Willie Gardner hit 0.182 in 113 games across two seasons for the Chiefs.  He was a former 17th round draft pick who maxed out in A-ball.  Why Classic?  Why?

 A shiny Dwight Smith and Derrek Lee is on fire!  Excellent!

 Okay, this card is a must have for any one who collects double-dips.  Front and Back?  Pshaw.

A dancing Mickey Morandini?  It's too bad he probably doesn't have the name recognition anymore to be on Dancing with the Stars.
 Good use of horizontal space to catch the Wild Thing falling off the side of the mound.  Excellent, Upper Deck.
 And finally, a 50th Anniversary buy back of Dick Bertell.  Love me some buy backs!
I was worried about such a picture heavy post, but the Leprechaun told me that you guys like pictures.  Which is good, because there's one more 400-count box that Patty is all excited about.  Wes, thanks again for sending the little fella my way. This is turning out to be lots of fun!

4 comments: