Monday, March 11, 2013

Yellow Bubbler from Jaybarkerfan's Junk

Wes, from Jaybarkerfan's Junk, has kept very busy sending me little plain white envelope bombs as of late.  But then something different happened: a yellow bubble mailer arrived in my mailbox.

To be honest.  I'm kind of lost.  My head is spinning a bit.  Why?  Well, nearly four weeks ago Wes left a comment about possibly having a 2012 Panini Triple Play "Real Feel" card for my set.  He said he would get it out in the mail.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks later.  No "Real Feel" card, which I had already forgotten about, but a couple of PWE Bombs.  To thank Wes for the Cubs that keep randomly appearing in my mailbox I sent him a little something.  He seemed pleased.  As was I, as I thought I had evened the score.


Now, back to the present: the yellow bubble mailer.  Guess what the key component was in its contents?  Yep, you're right: the "Real Feel" card for the set I've been chasing.  Check here for the cards that are still alluding me.

Pshaw!?!  What's the score now?  You'd think as someone who keeps receiving copious amounts of mail, from the same generous blogger, that I would have a better idea of what's going on!  Nope.  But it sure is fun!

Me thinks it's time to play catch up again. I'll have to be on the look out in the next couple of months to make a worthy surprise package for Wes.

Scroll down for some more of the loot that Wes sent in the yellow bubble mailer.

Some early 1980's Topps love:

All-Star Ken Holtzman's last regularly issued Topps card:

My favorite super-utility player from the last decade, mark DeRosa:

 I've always enjoyed the design of this '84 Donruss set, but never had the coin to chase it when I was younger.

I remember Spring Training back in '91 and how Gary Scott was setting the world on fire.  I rushed out to snag all of his cards, and well, overpaid for the career 0.160 hitter.  Somehow I missed out on this red boarded card from Score.  I'm glad I didn't for over a fiver for this one back in the day!

At some point I'm going to add checklists of my personal collection to the blog.  Kosuke's will probably be the first to debut.
 

 Here's a Cub I never heard of before.  This the '87 Fleer update card of Mike Mason.  He only pitched 17 games in his Cubs career.  Coincidentally, one of the two head coaches I had in college was named Mike Mason.  Nope, not the same guy, but their beards were similar.  Still pretty cool.

Thanks again for the package, Wes!



1 comment:

  1. I've got the game-used base from the set. If your real interested email me at cardscrush99@yahoo.com and maybe we can work out a deal.

    ReplyDelete